Construction has been shut down by the rainy season and will resume in the Spring. In order to prepare volunteers for Summer 2015 volunteer work, there will be a training on January 11th from 10am-2pm. Please meet at Picnic Area #2. Bring your bike and a helmet!
Space is limited. RSVP: Kirk Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org
About 2/3 of Phase I of the Bike Park has been completed:
- Perimeter trail is rough graded, some parts finished, including berms on lower section.
- Maintenance trail is installed and aggregate base armoring is being compacted.
- We’ve started the progression trails, but only the starting point and the first two jumps.
- Pump tracks are graded flat and ready for volunteers (but we don’t want volunteers on site yet).
- DG paving for children’s area is installed.
- Base rock for asphalt paving near children’s area is installed and compacted.
- Plumbing and concrete paving for drinking fountain is installed.
- Concrete paving for bike rack is installed.
- Fence at children’s play area is installed
- Gates and site furnishings (picnic tables, benches, etc.) have been purchased.
- Irrigation system is currently being installed (nearly 1 mile of pipe!). Irrigation will be completed in 2 weeks.