Stafford Lake Park, Novato
Sunday, January 11, 2015, 10am-2pm
Phase 1 of Stafford Lake Bike Park construction is approximately 2/3 complete. Work in the bike park is on hold through the rainy season, but there is still plenty to be done to prepare for the park’s opening and your help is needed. We will place our immediate attention on the Novato Bike Path, which connects the City of Novato to Stafford Lake Park. Weeds have grown over the sides of the pathway and in pathway cracks. We will use flat shovels to remove this overgrowth and make the pathway wider and safer. Event will begin in Picnic Area 2 at Stafford Lake Park. We will take a quick look at the progress of bike park construction and talk briefly about volunteer engagement in the park during summer 2015 and beyond. From there we will do a scenic 1.5 mile bike ride along the bike path to our worksite. Bring your bike and helmet if you plan to volunteer!
Know Before You Go
- Park entrance fee is waived for participants.
- Space is limited for the volunteer project so please RSVP.
- Snacks, water, tools, and training will be provided.
- Volunteersunder the age of 18 need a signed parent permission form; forms can be emailed in advance.
- Rain may cancel.
- Bring your bike and helmet if you plan to volunteer!
Meet in Picnic Area 2 at Stafford Lake Park.
For More Information
Questions or to RSVP:
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Kirk Schroeder: